Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the data stored, and how is privacy guaranteed?

All our data is stored in the cloud on GDPR-compliant servers based in Europe. On the website, the forum or when signing up on our app, you’ll get the chance to read our Privacy Guidelines and terms and conditions that will further explain the principles and measures we take regarding privacy and data.

Does everyone offer his/her phone easily? They don’t know which info I’m going to ‘take’ from them.

It is exactly the other way around. You just share your card with them so they can scan it. When they do, they see which information you’d like to share and they can either accept or ignore the transfer. After they scanned your card of QR-code, they can choose themselves which details they share back.

Is it possible that someone gets the details of my card unintentionally, when standing next to me?

​The card has a very low frequency, which means they can only be triggered when holding the card < 2 cm from the phone. This works exactly like your general contactless banking card. If you want to be sure that nobody scans your card, you can disable the card entirely in your app settings until you want to use it.

What is NFC?

It’s a method of wireless data transfer called Near Field Communication that detects and then enables technology in close proximity to communicate. It’s easy, fast and works automatically .

NFC and Android?

Every Android device running on Android 4.0 or later.
Make sure the NFC is switched on. It’s just like switchin gon the wifi or bluetooth.

NFC and Apple phones?

Scanning NFC cards works natively on iPhone Xs and Xr. To scan the cards with an earlier version (7, 8 of X) you will need to download the Cardify app. Earlier versions (< 7) cannot read NFC and need to scan the QR-code with the camera instead.

What if my phone doesn’t support NFC?

You will not be able to get the data from another person by tapping the card to your phone. However, you can scan the QR-code with your camera or another QR code reader. This is possible with nearly every smartphone.

Do I need another app to scan a QR-code?

It depends on which phone you have. In most cases, QR codes can just be scanned with the camera of your smartphone, for example with every Apple device. Open your camera, point to the QR code and the phone will automatically scan the code and process it. Samsung devices use Bixby Vision and other Android phones have other options. You rarely have to download an extern app.
The app of Google chrome also has a QR scanner. Just tap the searching bar and a scanner icon will appear above the keyboard.

Sometimes nothing happens when people hold my card against their phone. How is this possible?

This can have a few reasons:

• The smartphone device doesn’t support NFC.
  • The NFC functionality is switched off.
  • The NFC-scanner is located on a different place in the device, depending on the brand. It is possible that the card was not held against the NFC scanner but against the wrong spot on the phone. E.g.: The NFC-scanner of Samsung is located in the middle of the phone while the scanner of Huawei is located on the top.

​( Feel free to contact us on support@getcardify.com or check the forum if you think there’s something wrong with your app or card. )

Can someone, who doesn’t have the app, also scan my card or QR-Code?

Yes, that is one of the absolute advantages of Cardify. You don’t give anyone any problems with an app that they don’t have. The person who doesn’t have the app or the card, can scan your card with NFC or your QR code with the camera. The phone will handle the request and give them the option to store your information and share theirs.

What do you mean with a ‘virtual card’ on the app?

This is your actual online business card. The first thing you see when you open the app is the QR-code of your virtual card. You can choose which details you share about yourself and create multiple virtual cards with different details. E.g. Work & Private.